Do Not Put Empty Milk Bottles Back in the Fridge

Thursday 18 October 2007

Est-ce de ma faute a moi si ma amie est comme ca?

Not a clue if the title is correct, but, no matter.

People change. It's a fact, yet, it's so hard to deal with, especially in old friends. You see people in new lights, and it surprises you. Don't get me wrong, I still like the people, but it's strange. And in some respects, not at all nice.

Went to a careers fair, tonight, and came back with about fifty free pens. They even had sweets, which cracked me up. I know pretty much where I'm going now, and what I'm studying (French, Classical and General History, and maybe Graphic Design). But plenty of time to sort that out. Right now, I'm concentrating on my GCSEs!

I know it seems silly, but I really, really want to be fluent in French. Really, really, really. I really love France(how many synonyms are there for really?), and maybe one day I'll get the chance to live over there. I know you can get summer jobs over there at like, campsites, so that'd be cool. Also, I want to get away from here. There's so much pressure to smoke and do drugs and look good, and be hard round here. I wish so much I could get away from it all. I had this silly theory things would be better in year 10, people would get serious, but, apparently it's worse. I'm tired of being here. I want to be in a place where I can feel pretty and confident, even if I don't understand the language! I'd love to be able to just reel off the French like they do...just to understand and be understood would be enough at this point. I dream of leaving this place and just going. Don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling all trapped, or whatever, I just dream of leaving. Again, this will sound silly, but I think I find refuge in writing about exotic places. I can conjure up perfect images of other places. It's just not good to come out of that daydream!

It'd mean the world to me if I won the Short Story competition. I don't want to sound geeky, but the fact is I am a geek, and I'm past caring what everyone else says. I want to win so badly, it'd signify I could actually do something right. But, chances are slim. But hey, I can hope, right?

I havn't actually written anything good in a while. I just have no ideas at all.

(BTW, I don't know how to do accents, which is why the title lacks them.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

stealing my ideas Caz hehehe I cant wait to move out over to New York/Paris/Milan.

19 October 2007 at 12:15  
Blogger Caz said...

LOL i know...but I'll miss you!!

20 October 2007 at 05:19  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home